Legendary musician Tom Morello - co-founder of Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave and Prophets of Rage - is set to release the most ambitious artistic effort of his storied career!
Throughout his remarkable career, Morello has collaborated with everyone from Bruce Springsteen to Johnny Cash. On The Atlas Underground, he paves a path into new sonic territory with the project's breadth of talented collaborators - Marcus Mumford, Portugal. The Man, Bassnectar, the Wu-Tang Clan's RZA and GZA, Vic Mensa, K.Flay, Big Boi, Gary Clark Jr., Pretty Lights, Killer Mike, Steve Aoki and Whethan among others - transforming his sound into something even he could not have anticipated, blending Marshall stack riff-rock with the digital wizardry of EDM and hip-hop. Morello served as chief curator for the record, hand-picking and personally reaching out to the involved artists to recruit their efforts to the project.
"The riffs and the beats led the way, but the extraordinary talents of the collaborators set my creativity into uncharted territory. I've been devoted both musically and as an activist to fighting injustice at every turn," says Morello. "Amid this heightened sense of impending doom, it's now time to rally the troops in a last-ditch effort to save the planet, and our artistic souls. By challenging the boundaries of what music is and has sounded like before, you can open peoples' eyes to changing the status quo in society."
1. Battle Sirens
2. Rabbit's Revenge (feat. Bassnectar, Big Boi & Killer Mike)
3. Every Step That I Take (feat. Portugal. The Man & Whethan)
4. We Don't Need You (feat. Vic Mensa)
5. Find Another Way (feat. Marcus Mumford)
6. How Long (feat. Steve Aoki & Tim McIlrath)
7. Lucky One (feat. K.Flay)
8. One Nation (feat. Pretty Lights)
9. Vigilante Nocturno (feat. Carl Restivo)
10. Where Itâs at Ainât What It Is (feat. Gary Clark Jr. & Nico Stadi)
11. Roadrunner (feat. Leikeli47)
12. Lead Poisoning (feat. GZA, RZA & Herobust)