Small Change is a masterpiece that contains some of Tom Waits' best early work. Classic jazz, Tin Pan Alley, and Stephen Foster filtered through Tom's unique worldview and lyrical genius. Heartbreaking, hilarious and always vivid, songs like Step Right Up, Tom Traubert's Blues, I Wish I Was in New Orleans, The Piano Has Been Drinking, and Invitation to the Blues are all classics that have influenced generations of songwriters since. Recorded with a live orchestra and featuring jazz legend Shelly Manne on drums, Small Change is a classic and stands as one of Tom Waits most popular recordings.
This limited edition LP format is pressed on blue vinyl, and is only available through independent shops such as ourselves.
- Blue vinyl
* EXCLUSIVE TO INDEPENDENT RETAILERS *
1. Tom Traubert's Blues (Four Sheets To The Wind In Copenhagen)
2. Step Right Up
3. Jitterbug Boy (Sharing A Curbstone With Chuck E. Weiss, Robert Marchese, Paul Body and The Mug and Artie)
4. I Wish I Was In New Orleans (In The Ninth Ward)
5. The Piano Has Been Drinking (Not Me) [An Evening With Pete King]
6. Invitation To The Blues
7. Pasties And A G-String (At The Two O'Clock Club)
8. Bad Liver And A Broken Heart (In Lowell)
9. The One That Got Away
10. Small Change (Got Rained On With His Own .38)
11. I Can't Wait To Get Off Work (And See My Baby On Montgomery Avenue)