Sex & Food is a delightfully shapeshifting album that filters real-deal serious themes through a vibrant sonic lens that spans battered drum machine funk, doomy and thrashing rock and pink-hued psychedelic disco.
Recorded in a variety of locales from Seoul and Hanoi to Reykjavik, Mexico City and Auckland, the record is a practical musical travelogue, with local musicians from the countries that Ruban Nielson and his band visited pitching in throughout.
1. A God Called Hubris
2. Major League Chemicals
3. Ministry of Alienation
5. Chronos Feasts on His Children
6. American Guilt
7. The Internet of Love (That Way)
8. Everyone Acts Crazy Nowadays
9. This Doomsday
10. How Many Zeros
11. Not in Love We're Just High
12. If You're Going to Break Yourself