Erasure (Andy Bell and Vince Clarke) present a new collaboration with Echo Collective, the Brussels-based collective of post classical musicians best known for their ongoing collaborative work with A Winged Victory For the Sullen, Johann Johannsson, Dustin O'Halloran and Stars of the Lid.
The collaboration sees the entirety of Erasure's latest album World Be Gone given a post classical rework. World Beyond was recorded over 10 days by Andy Bell and seven performers from the Echo Collective: Margaret Hermant (violin, harp), Neil Leiter (viola), Thomas Engelen (cello), Jaroslaw Mroz (double bass), Gary De Cart (piano) and Antoine Dandoy (vibraphone, glockenspiel). The collaboration is a natural progression from 1987's The Two Ring Circus, a companion EP for the band's second album, The Circus, which included several orchestral interpretations.
This LP format is pressed on coloured vinyl.
- Coloured vinyl
1. Oh What A World (World Beyond)
2. Be Careful What You Wish For! (World Beyond)
3. World Be Gone (World Beyond)
4. A Bitter Parting (World Beyond)
5. Still It's Not Over (World Beyond)
6. Take Me Out Of Myself (World Beyond)
7. Sweet Summer Loving (World Beyond)
8. Love You To The Sky (World Beyond)
9. Lousy Sum Of Nothing (World Beyond)
10. Just A Little Love (World Beyond)